Friday, August 3, 2012

Veggie Munch




I intend to start eating salad more regularly, now that my elbow is getting better. I stopped about a month ago due to my house renovation and recently, elbow bursitis. I learned about this meal plan from Dr. Tan Shot Yen. She is an advocate of raw food diet, she encourages her patient to eat 200 grams of lettuce, 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 apple; with extra virgin olive oil for the dressing. For protein she suggests tofu, soya bean cake, fish or chicken. That's a one time meal/ person. 

Dr. Tan Shot Yen
(Photo from Indonesia Media)







Anyone who has ever attended Dr. Tan's briefing would know that she sounds more like a drill sergeant than a doctor. She is a petite woman, with flawless skin, no acne and spots. I guess she's walking a testament of her own preaching. 








It took me more than 30 minutes to finish my meal this time. My fastest record was 20 mins and average time is 30 mins. I am not a super slow eater, but eating a big bowl of salad really does take an extra effort. 

I ate my veggies with fish crackers today, followed by a hearty dessert; a big mug of milky chocolate chip ice cream, with a delectable vanilla flavor. Something that Dr. Tan wouldn't approve hehehe.. oh well 

If you're interested in learning more about Dr. Tan, you can read the article here (written in Indonesian). Erykar described the briefing's scene perfectly.



1 comment:

  1. I love salad but recently not committed to it hehe.. Inspiring.. Nice post

    ReplyDelete